May 10, 2011

Reflection

Sorry I had to do this in another post, I could not type in the previous one.

For this project I had many initial ideas. I decided on various costume jewelry because I loved playing dress up and going through my gramma's old jewelry when I was younger. Once I began making bracelets out of apple sauce containers I realized that it wasn't just the jewelry that I loved, but the old box it was in. I made the box out of another box, cut down and reconstructed to look more like a chest. I decorated the inside of the box with bright patterns and girlie colors. I decorated the outside with a shell and sea glass that I found at the beach. The bracelets themselves are made out of plastic applesauce containers, shoelaces, and paper from a gift bag. I really liked working on this project and I think it came out very successful because I know I would have loved it and all the jewelry inside when I was little.

No comments:

Post a Comment